Sunday, November 14, 2010

Welcome to Rantings of an Angry Woman!

Welcome to Rantings of an Angry Woman. I am the Disgruntled Local.

So how do I want to start this blog. I suppose a short introduction of who I am, the issues I'll be discussing, political views, local and national events, views on society, human nature, animal rights, conspiracy theories, etc.

I'm an average, working class, middle of the road American woman. I'm Irish and Native American and I'm proud of my heritage. I'm liberal on some issues and conservative on others.I am single and live with 3 cats (all rescues). I do not believe in abortion but I am Pro Choice (choose to use birth control and prevent unintended pregnancies to begin with). I believe we need stronger enforcement of animal cruelty laws. People who fight their dogs should be torn apart in the ring by their own dogs. I support the second amendment, namely to protect my first amendment rights (Freedom of Speech, Religious belief ). I am Pagan (with some Wiccan beliefs). I believe in Harm none and do as ye will (that being said, I do not sacrifice or harm animals). I do not hate Jesus, or all Christians, just the ones who believe that they have the right to shove their religious beliefs down my throat. My only complaint with any religion is the extent to which they will go to say "we're right and everyone else is wrong". Well if you want to believe that, fine. However you do not have the right to take away my right to worship as I see fit. Your rights stop when they infringe upon my rights.

So you may ask "why are you angry?". I'm not always angry. Sometimes I'm sad, depressed, happy, mellow, chilled out, stressed out, bored, loving, etc. In other words, I'm just like everyone else. I think anybody with half a brain can take a look around and be angry at the way things are going. Like the bumper sticker says, If you are not outraged, your not paying attention. I have a lot I want to get into, class warfare, civil disobedience, big brother, etc. I will get into the whole TSA groping vs. using technology that is not proven to be safe. I'll get to all that, but first.....

I work in security. I won't tell you where, but it's a neighborhood of upper middle class/ upper class residents. Homes range from the mid 300's to over 2 million. Now I have lived all over, from nice upper middle class, to trailer parks, to the ghetto, and even homeless for a time. I've lived in the country, the boondocks, to the big city. No matter what, you find the same kind of people in all the walks of life. Money does not equal class. You will always have the old biddy who has to get into every body's business, the family who lets their kids run wild (and are surprised when they have to go get them out of jail), the crazy old man who will tell you he worked for the FBI/ CIA and go into all kinds of conspiracy theories (I'll call him AJ, after Alex Jones talk show), the vigilante who decides they are going to chase down who they feel are suspicious, hell I could go on and on.
Recently we've had some problems with kids deciding to smash pumpkins in the street. This seems to be the act of 13-15 year old boys who are going out after dinner to cause havoc. The residents however, never called us to report it. They did want the mess cleaned up and we had to do it. Now here's where I'm angry. The kids who do this kind of shit need to come out and clean up their own mess. My job description didn't include maid, janitor or babysitter. Apparently we have some residents who do think it's our job to clean up after them. If I wanted to clean up after spoiled, elitist, Rich people, I would be a maid. If I wanted to babysit and clean up after their spoiled little yuppie larvae, I would've been a nanny.

Next stop....class warfare, does it exist? Has class warfare already been declared? By whom? Who benefits?

No comments:

Post a Comment